Dancing With the Stars Season 23 Episode 7 Review


Tonight is 'Eras Night' on Dancing With the Stars. Is that something they've done before? I honestly can't remember. Anyway, tonight everyone has to dance twice, so this should be interesting. Since the PA Senate Debate aired right before Dancing with the Stars, I just need something to make me happy. Hopefully, DWTS can make me happy.

Marilu Henner & Derek Hough's Charleston

Did the judges watch the same thing I watched? Sure, it wasn't perfect. But they acted like this dance was terrible. It was a good dance. They were a little too tough on her this week (except Julianne).
My Score: 8

Laurie Hernandez & Val Chmerkovskiy's Quickstep

I love that they had to ask Marilu about the '60s. I picture them thinking of asking her going something like this: "We need an old person that remembers the '60s. Oh, you're old, Marilu!" Anyway, the name of the song they danced to may have been 'One Fine Day', but this was one great dance!
My Score: 9

James Hinchcliffe & Sharna Burgess's

This really didn't feel very jitterbug-like. It was a really good dance, but I really didn't get a Jitterbug jibe with this one.
My Score: 8

Terra Jole & Sasha Farber's Foxtrot

This is the type of performance I expect from Terra. It proves that last week was just a fluke, which is great. This dance was elegant and nice. Terra is back in the running with this dance.
My Score: 9

Calvin Johnson & Lindsay Arnold's Jive

Calvin did a good job this week. It wasn't as good as last week's dance (which was really great), but it was still really good. It was a great jive, and it was super energetic.
My Score: 9

Jana Kramer & Gleb Savchenko's Samba

This dance seriously was a letdown after last week. It didn't really work for me like their dance last week. Something just felt a little... off. I'm sorry.
My Score: 8

Ryan Lochte & Cheryl Burke's Rumba

Let's be honest here. Ryan is not the best dancer. That's just obvious. But he has gotten better. Unfortunately, this dance was nothing spectacular. It was fine. But it wasn't fantastic.
My Score: 7


Maureen McCormick & Artem Chigvintsev's Tango

Was this a great dance? No. Will Maureen win this competition? No, she will not. But this was a fun dance. And that't really what matters. It looks like Maureen had fun, and that's great. Just like Ryan's, this dance was fine, but not fantastic.
My Score: 7

TEAM DANCES
Laurie and James are the team captains for this season's team performances. First off, you guys really picked Maureen before you picked Marilu? And Laurie actually had to think about whether she wanted Marilu or Ryan on her team? Okay, then.

Team Past:
This dance was so refreshing and beautiful and nice and it transported me back in time. It was really great and everyone was great and I don't know how they did this. This was so different than other team dances, in that it didn't try to be flashy. That's what made it so amazing.
My Score: 10

Team Future:
This was a great concept for a dance. But it wasn't quite as good as Team Past. The dance wasn't quite in synch, unfortunately. It was still nice, though.
Team Future: 9
                              
WORST OF THE NIGHT: Ryan Lochte
(DIS)HONORABLE MENTION: Jana Kramer

DANCE OF THE NIGHT: Team Past (James, Maureen, Calvin, Ryan)
HONORABLE MENTION: Calvin Johnson
                              
My Rankings:
1- Team Past
2- Calvin Johnson
3- Laurie Hernandez

4- Team Future
5- Terra Jole
6- Marilu Henner
7- James Hinchcliffe

8- Jana Kramer
9- Ryan Lochte
                              
Elimination: Jana & Gleb and Maureen & Artem are the Bottom 2. Maureen is eliminated, as expected with those two as the Bottom 2.
                                  
Tonight wasn't a fantastic show, but it was good. The Team Dances made the night a little better, but overall, the dancing wasn't quite as impressive as last week.
Grade: B
Score: 8/10

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »